NASB Superintendent Search Services
"Through a collaborative working relationship with the Board of Education,
NASB Search Services ensures a highly-professional search process
designed to attract the very best applicants and bring credit to the board
for the manner in which the search is conducted."
The successful search process is collaborate in nature with communication as the key element. NASB Search Services will maintain contact with the Board of Education to ensure a steady flow of information and forward motion.
The search begins with a comprehensive review of the needs and expectations of the school district. Working closely with the Board of Education, school community and district community, a leadership profile will be developed to clearly identify the qualifications and background of the ideal candidate.
Using proven protocol, procedures, and resources such as National School Boards Association (NSBA), National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers (NASS), and the Association of School Administrators (AASA), NASB Search Services will conduct an exemplary search.
In a direct response to our members' requests for assistance when faced with the task of hiring a superintendent, the Association responded by initiating the NASB Superintendent Search Service in November 1982. The Association created a service grounded in the commitment to provide an efficient and effective search process to ensure the board's decision-making role in one of the two most important responsibilities of the Board of Education. For more than 31 years, staff has successfully completed in excess of 300 searches on behalf of Nebraska Boards of Education.
Member - National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers
What is NASS?
- Over 60 search consultants in 36 states who serve superintendent searchers in the school boards associations throughout the United States (supported by NSBA).
- An affiliation that harnesses the experience of search professionals who bring proven track records of placements that last, bringing sustained and quality leadership to your district.
- An experienced network with diverse public and private sector background in government, human resources, marketing, and educational leadership.
Why does NASS exist?
- To fulfill our mission: finding top executive leadership for school districts throughout the United States, through our core values: ethics, integrity, leadership and teamwork.
- To collaborate nationally on the search process including nationwide job postings and recruiting highly qualified candidates.
- To assist our colleagues in other states with nationwide job postings in highly visible industry publications and websites in order to notify a national market of the vacancy.
- To study and research best practices in the superintendent search hiring process.
- To share vital background and reference information on candidates in other states.
- To assist with recruiting highly qualified candidates that may not be actively looking for new leadership opportunities.
When your school district hires NASB to conduct a superintendent search, your district has tapped into one of the most experienced, qualified networks of search consultants in the United States, called the National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers (NASS).