TEST OR ASSESSMENT ADMINISTRATION
The district shall assess the progress of students through a district-wide assessment system to provide for a fair and adequate measurement of each student's progress and accomplishments. Administrators and staff shall select a valid and reliable system of assessments aligned with the curriculum and essential learner outcomes.
The superintendent, in directing the assessment system, shall hold administrators and staff accountable to:
1. follow appropriate security procedures;
2. use the assessments identified within applicable curriculum guides;
3. use assessment data to monitor student learning;
4. use assessment data to differentiate instruction where appropriate;
5. provide students and parents with information about student progress;
6. use assessment data for school improvement planing; and
7. use assessment data to adjust, improve, or terminate ineffective teaching practices.
Cross Reference: 611 Academic Achievement
1005.02 Parent Relations Goals
Policy COLUMBUS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Adopted: 12/11/06 Columbus, Nebraska