STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Health services shall be coordinated with the health education and physical education curriculum. The program shall be designed to help each student protect, improve and maintain physical, emotional and social well-being. Areas to be considered include, but are not limited to:
· Environmental health and safety;
· Emergency health procedures and responsibilities;
· Health promotion;
· Communicable disease prevention and control;
· Staffing for the school health program;
· Administering of prescription medication;
· Acute or chronic health problems;
· Health assessment and screening;
· Record keeping; and
· Program evaluation.
Nurses and other medical employees employed by or requested to conduct services for the board shall hold and maintain a current Nebraska license and meet the requirements of the Nebraska Department of Education if required by the school district. In addition to the health services provided in the curriculum, the school district will provide the following district-wide health services:
· Annual vision screening tests;
· Annual audiometer screening tests;
· Annual spinal screening;
· Annual height and weight measurement; and
· Monitor student records for evidence of immunization as required by state statute.
The services listed above will be provided in conjunction with state public health officials and local hospitals.
Cross Reference: 502.03 Entrance - Admissions
508 Student Health and Well-Being
Policy COLUMBUS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Adopted: 12/11/06 Columbus, Nebraska
Amended: 8/10/09 Reviewed: 8/10/09