EXCHANGE AND FOREIGN STUDENT ADMISSIONS
It shall be the policy of the district to allow a maximum of four (4) foreign exchange students to be enrolled as full time students in the school’s secondary program.
Enrollment will be determined by the following criteria:
1) The sponsoring organization must be listed and approved by The Council of Standards for International Educational Travel and exchange Programs.
2) Written acceptance from the principal prior to confirming assignment of the student to a host family.
3) The student must be enrolled in their home school on a grade/class equivalent to the Mitchell Secondary School senior year level.
4) The student must be sixteen to nineteen years of age.
5) Applicants will be determined on a first come basis for selection.
6) The exchange program must be approved by NAASP.
The district will not assume any financial responsibilities of/for any participant in the exchange program.
Approved _______________ Reviewed _______________ Revised ________________