If the student's parents wish to withdraw or transfer the student from school prior to completing and graduating from the education program, they shall notify the building principal in writing as soon as possible of the decision to withdraw or transfer the student from the education program. The student or parent should present this written notice at the office and receive instructions regarding the return of textbooks, library books, locker equipment, hot lunch tickets and completion of grade records.


The notice shall state the student's final day of attendance. If the student is not enrolling in another school district, the school district shall maintain the student's records in the same manner as the records of students who have graduated from the school district.


If the parents wish to have the student's cumulative record sent to the new school district, the parents shall notify the principal in writing. This notice shall include the name of the school district and the person at the new school district to whom the student's cumulative records should be sent. If the new school district requests the student's cumulative records, the school district will forward the cumulative records and notify the parents the records have been sent.


Withdrawal and Transfer Procedure


The procedure for withdrawal or transferring is as follows:


1. Secure authorization withdrawal or transfer note from the parent or guardian.

2. Obtain appropriate forms from the guidance office or principal's office.

3. Have the forms filled out by teacher, return all school books and property, and make          sure all fees are paid.

4. Take completed forms to the guidance or principal's office for final clearance.


Cross Reference:                     502      Student Attendance

                                                507      Student Records












Approved _______________ Reviewed ______________ Revised ________________