STATE LEAVE FOR COACHES AND SPONSORS
ATTENDANCE AT STATE, DISTRICT, TOURNAMENTS, PLAYOFFS,
CONVENTIONS, CLINICS, OR EVENTS
1. All high school head and assistant coaches/sponsors may attend one district or state event, per coaching assignment in their field of coaching or sponsorship.
2. High school sponsors of vocal and instrumental music, one act plays, yearbook, FBLA and other school-sponsored clubs my also attend their district or state conventions.
3. Mitchell Public Schools will cover the cost of lodging, meals, and transportation for a total of one day per event. Mileage will not be paid for use of employee vehicle. If school transportation is not available the use of school credit card will be available for gas.
4. If an employee is not a paid coach/sponsor in the event they want to attend, flex days will be used. The district will pay no expenses. Volunteer coaches may ride with sponsoring group but no expenses will be given.
5. All junior high coaches/sponsors will be able to attend a district or state event once every two years following the guide lines as established.
ATTENDANCE AT WORKSHOPS/CLINICS
1. All activity coaches/sponsors will be allowed to go to one clinic or workshop per school year, if such workshop is for professional enhancement of the coach/sponsor. The attendance and cost as listed above.
2. The clinic or workshop must be in their field of coaching or sponsorship.
NSAA SPONSORED EVENTS
1. Any certified staff member who has been selected to be a clinician or certified official at NSAA sponsored event because of his/her accomplishments in their field of teaching/coaching/sponsorship may attend using the criteria as listed previously. No expenses will be paid by the school district. All other requests or volunteer work will have to use flex days. (Examples would be volunteer work at NSAA non-sponsored activities or for other organizations)
Approved ______________ Reviewed ______________ Revised ________________
1. Mitchell Public Schools have the right to refuse any requests depending upon the time of year, cost of request, location of event, or number of staff asking for approval for an event.
2. The Mitchell Board of Education at their discretion may terminate the State Leave Policy.