After a teacher or administrator has been employed by the district for a period of ten years, the teacher may apply for a leave of absence for one year, or for one semester to do further study, to travel abroad, to teach in a college or university or for similar professional reasons. The board will carefully consider such a request and if proper arrangements can be made, the request may be granted. ALL SABBATICAL LEAVES ARE WITHOUT PAY.


The requirements stated in the Negotiated Contract between employees in that certified collective bargaining unit and the board regarding the unpaid leave of such employees shall be followed.


Cross Reference:         410      Certificated Employee Vacations and Leaves of Absence






























Approved ______________ Reviewed ______________ Revised ________________