The district will not:
1. Require or request that an employee or applicant provide or disclose any user name or password or any other related account information in order to gain access to the employee's or applicant's personal Internet account by way of an electronic communication device;
2. Require or request that an employee or applicant log into a personal Internet account by way of an electronic communication device in the presence of the employer in a manner that enables the employer to observe the contents of the employee’s or applicant’s personal Internet account or provides the employer access to the employee's or applicant's personal Internet account;
3. Require an employee or applicant to add anyone, including the employer, to the list of contacts associated with the employee's or applicant’s personal Internet account or require or otherwise coerce an employee or applicant to change the settings on the employee's or applicant's personal Internet account which affects the ability of others to view the content of such account; or
4. Take adverse action against, fail to hire, or otherwise penalize an employee or applicant for failure to provide or disclose any of the information or to take any of the actions specified above.
5. Require an employee or applicant to waive or limit any protection granted under the Workplace Privacy Act as a condition of continued employment or of applying for or receiving an offer of employment.
The district shall maintain its right to control, monitor and review the use of its computers, technology and the Internet as stated in policy 606.06, to access any employee-related information available in the public domain, and conduct investigations related to employee actions prohibited by district policy to the extent those investigations are not expressly prohibited by the Workplace Privacy Act or other applicable state or federal law.
Legal Reference: Neb. Statutes, LB 821 (2016)
Approved ______________ Reviewed ______________ Revised _______________