The primary purpose for board self-evaluation is for the improvement of school board leadership. In evaluating the board’s functions and roles, the board may focus attention to the following:
1. Evaluation shall be conducted annually at a scheduled time and place;
2. The evaluation should be a composite of the individual board members’ opinions;
3. The evaluation should include a constructive discussion of strengths and weaknesses; and
4. The board should be free to comment on any area related to its function of governing the district.
The board and superintendent will cooperatively develop an evaluation plan that annually evaluates the various aspects of the board’s functions, duties, and roles. The evaluation will include the following items:
1. The evaluation instrument shall define and describe the standards against which the board evaluates its performance.
2. The evaluation shall include the establishment of objectives and strategies for improving board performance.
3. The evaluation shall analyze progress toward existing board goals and examine the need to establish new or revised goals.
Legal Reference: Neb. Statute 79-526
Cross Reference: 102 Educational Philosophy of the District
104 Educational and Operational Planning
201.01 Board Powers and Responsibilities
702.02 Budget Planning, Preparation and Schedules
902.01 Buildings and Sites Long Range Planning
1001 Principles and Objectives for Community Relations
Approved _______________ Reviewed: 02/13/2017 Revised: _______________